The purpose of this service is to simplify the procedures of foreign trade, to ensure the traceability, and to reduce the stay deadlines of the goods in the ports for the profit of the exporters and importers.
For better managing this project, a limited company, called Tunisia TradeNet has been created in February 2000 for managing this platform of virtual single counter and take in charge the beneficiaries. Thus, the solution brought by Tunisia TradeNet allows the different operators: Enterprises, transit agents and customs brokers, Conveyors and Shipping agents to treat the different formalities of import and export in electronic mode, and this by:
- the simplification, harmonization, and standardization of the forms required by the different administrations and Tunisian organizations, at the time of the achievement of the administrative formalities related to the passage of the goods by the Tunisian logistic platforms.
- the introduction of connections of exchange of information by electronic way, between all the intervening parties in the commercial, logistic and financial involved in the import and export operations.
- the establishment of interface of standardized communication between the different existing information systems or to come, in order to accelerate the reciprocal supply of information and to avoid the breaking bulk in the circuits of information.
- the dematerialization of the information exchanges, hence the progressive deletion of the paper documents and the related characteristics (in terms of proof, authentication and confidentiality).
Thus, this service is characterized by linking all the chain links of the foreign trade in order to exchange dematerialized data (without paper) so that the procedures are accomplished with the necessary celerity. The project has been just completed by a component bundle of transport conceived in partnership with the ministry of Transports. The bundle of transport consists of a set of procedures and documents constituting an integrated system of treatment of the transport procedures falling within the framework of the foreign trade operations, that concerns only the transport in general, the work initially started concerns the maritime transport. Then, the bundle of transport aims:
- To simplify the procedures of maritime transport falling within the framework of the foreign trade operations,
- To standardize the manipulated documents (paper document and electronic document),
- To dematerialize the procedures and to consecrate the use of EDI through a virtual counter,
- To realize a guide of the charterer,
- To give a better fluidity to the goods transiting by the port and to limit to the maximum its stay time,
- To improve then the exploitation of port spaces.